Blackout Bulletin Boards on BLACKOUT.COM

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Blackout Bulletin Boards on BLACKOUT.COM   » General   » Blackout's Box Main Lounge   » Destiny Origin shines in new film: The Light Crystal - SNEAK PREVIEW HERE!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Destiny Origin shines in new film: The Light Crystal - SNEAK PREVIEW HERE!
Blackout
Actor Singer Writer Director Visionary Philosopher Magickian Skydiver Digital Hippie and all around Creative Artist
Member # 7

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Blackout   Author's Homepage   Email Blackout   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here she is, Destiny Origin, my love, along with a comprehensive film that explores alternative medicine - specifically, a natural way to cure severe migraine headaches through snorkling. I have done it since I was a kid. It's ridiculous, yes, but it works! Manifesting and magick using your personal colors and crystal magick stones are also explored, along with some quick holy ceremonies and blessings thrown in for power. Of course, all this magick needs energy, so we cook up some healthy turkey burgers which also function as a great distraction while one applies the advanced and proper ART of ART thievery.

Confused yet?

Good!

The Light Crystal: Destiny Origin and How to Get Rid of Migraines - PLAY QUICKTIME DSL/CABLE BroadBand

The Light Crystal: Destiny Origin and How to Get Rid of Migraines - PLAY WINMEDIA DSL/CABLE BroadBand

Starring Destiny Origin, Blackout, Keith 'The Goat' Forman (the Stoner from ART'S POINT OF VIEW) as the afflicted and frightened scuba diver, & his mom, Marti Forman, along with a special guest appearance by a Dog, and Joshua - the random kid on the street with the blurplinkle bookbag, who also falls in love with Destiny Origin.

These are new high res stream movies that have greatly improved quality and resolution over the prior videos and films up so far.

Share and Enjoy, and stay SILLY forever! [Hippy Chic]

- Blackout -

[ 05-16-2005, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: Blackout ]

--------------------
You are not your job, your titles, your possessions, your degrees, your lovers, your relationships, your place of residence, your social security number, your ID, your bills, your worries, your bank account, your age or your body. You are the timeless being that created & perceives itself through those things, and you have the power to play or not play that game. When someone asks me "what do you do?" looking for some title to pin me down, I laugh and say "EVERYTHING!" - Blackout

Posts: 7664 | From: New York City | Registered: Jul 2000  | Report this post to a Moderator
Herbert
Ghostly lover of hats and elephants & Official Blackout's Box Archivist
Member # 628

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Herbert   Author's Homepage   Email Herbert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
****************SPOILERS****************
So this Destiny Origin is actually just a portrait? Who's dog was that towards the end, and why did it look as though it was plotting world domination? And how did the turkey burgers come out? And did his headache go away? and did Joshua report you guys to the police for being so suspicious-acting? Who originally drew Destiny Origin? Why is Keith such a bad camera man?

Critiques:
Awesome video effects. Impeccably timed sound effects. And incredible portrait. A+

--------------------
http://HerbertFilby.com

Posts: 1517 | From: PA | Registered: Sep 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Blackout
Actor Singer Writer Director Visionary Philosopher Magickian Skydiver Digital Hippie and all around Creative Artist
Member # 7

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Blackout   Author's Homepage   Email Blackout   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These questions and more MAY or may not be answered by noticing that there are the words "PART I" in large friendly plink (yes plink, not pink) letters on the quicktime theater page, suggesting that there may be a "PART II" to this saga, even though the supposed "PART I" does not have a "TO BE CONTINUED" at the end of it.

This post may or may not have helped you. Please fill out a short questionaire to let us know if it did.

--------------------
You are not your job, your titles, your possessions, your degrees, your lovers, your relationships, your place of residence, your social security number, your ID, your bills, your worries, your bank account, your age or your body. You are the timeless being that created & perceives itself through those things, and you have the power to play or not play that game. When someone asks me "what do you do?" looking for some title to pin me down, I laugh and say "EVERYTHING!" - Blackout

Posts: 7664 | From: New York City | Registered: Jul 2000  | Report this post to a Moderator
onepairofpant
BLACKOUT.COM SPAM stopper uni pant NINJA!
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for onepairofpant   Author's Homepage   Email onepairofpant   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, I guess you figured out how to get the quicktime trailer like look blackout

nice work

Posts: 345 | From: Queens, NY | Registered: Feb 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris -Kracka C-
Keeper of the great CORN
Member # 775

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris -Kracka C-   Email Chris -Kracka C-   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted somehow back in time even though this message I am quoting follows me and is posted at a later time:
Thanks Pants,

Yes, I have finally earned my 'Quicktime Wings' you could say. Quicktime encoding is a REAL FRUSTRATING bitch of a thing let me tell you. Took hours and hours and days and days of failed attempts, or completely overblow encodes that would never stream, to find out what all of the bagillion different settings do and how they affect the size and the quality. Lets talk about the flick though! This is more talk for techies in the 'Production Box'

Blackout

*coughs* your Blackout is showing.
Chris

EDIT: THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN EDITED DO TO A GLITCH IN THE BLACKOUT MATRIX. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVIENIENCE AND HAVE FLASHY THINGIED ALL PARTIES INVOLVED. SEE THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE FOR MORE INFO AND TO BE FLASHY THINGIED:

[ 05-16-2005, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: Blackout ]

--------------------
"It gives you different perspectives to think about things." - Blackout

Posts: 1185 | From: Houston, Tx | Registered: Dec 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Blackout
Member # 7

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Blackout   Author's Homepage   Email Blackout   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AHEM.... ** COUGH **

Blackout kicks Chris Kracka while whispering, "SHUTTUP dude you'll ruin it," while also thanking him for notifying him of the glitch.

To anyone else who caught that small glitch in the Blackout Matrix, please look at this flashy thingy for a moment.

** FLASH **

Thank You, and now back to our original conversation:

Thanks Pants,

Yes, I have finally earned my 'Quicktime Wings' you could say. Quicktime encoding is a REAL FRUSTRATING bitch of a thing let me tell you. Took hours and hours and days and days of failed attempts, or completely overblown encodes that looked great but would never stream, to find out what all of the bagillion different settings do and how they affect the size and the quality and fially get the balance right.

Lets talk about the flick though! This is more talk for techies in the 'Production Box'

Blackout

--------------------

EazyCheeze
Blackout's Box Master
Member # 28

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EazyCheeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Destiny is beautiful! She has your colors all right! Wow, she looks a lot like that chick Ahngela. Is she based on a real girl? Also I saw some really cool effects having to do with your little turquoise.

--------------------
Chicka cheeze cheeze cheeze.
Visit my blog! http://members.cox.net/eazycheeze1/blogger.html

Posts: 540 | From: Pensacola, FL, US | Registered: May 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
Aeternal
Box Newbie
Member # 1184

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aeternal   Email Aeternal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Proper art of theivery eh?? pfft! I was expecting you to pull the old switcharoo, with a stick figure destiny replacing the original [Razz]
Being a technical whore again. What kind of cam did you use? And what about the editing and special effects, do you work on all these by yourself? cause i really enjoyed all the flashy text and ripple effects. One thing that i've always particularly noticed though is the Soundtrack 'Score' hehe. The little music snippets matching a particular object or mood/theme is awesome. Especially the samuari statue scene.

Being serious now, this is another great piece of work. Perhaps you should start a sister site with just shorts and video production in general. Maybe it's not the direction you want to go, but if you set up the cam on a tripod and get together a small crew, you could be pumping up skits left and right!

By the way, i also have a headache but alas i have no magic stone to bless the water and will have to stick to the convential methods of treatment.

Posts: 4 | Registered: May 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Blackout
Member # 7

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackout   Author's Homepage   Email Blackout   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol everyone asks what camera I shot this on when you can clearly see it in the mirror.. it's a little sony handicam. I call it the battlecam because it is the little tiny handicam that fits in a headphone pouch that I always carry around with me.

No need to open a sister site my friend this site is all about the movies and streaming, I just rescently got a big upgrade in quality thats all. You are new to the site still so you got to get a feel for your way around. As soon as you get that we will confused you because the site is getting too big to have everything in one big area which is currently the NOW PLAYNG section, on that page, everything I have put up publicly can be found.

As to your othr questions, yes, I did all the editing and fx myself in Adobe Premiere 6.5 with the Canopus DVSTORM2 Pro card. The project is about 20 tracks total with all visual and sound effects, music, and titles.

This was not a planned thing, but a spontanious shoot after I came back from the West Palm Beach Film Festival. If I were planning it I would have used the better 24 p camera which gets much better images, but the sony battlecam is great because it's tiny and I can have it arund all the time and it can take a beating. I have ridden on a rollercoaster with the damn thing and the tape had no dropouts! If it had 24p it would be a dream. It does have some weird 30p mode where it interpolates fields but it ads a lot of noise.

What you are seeing here is a video source at 60 interlaced fields being blended via software down to a 30p image for internet broadcast. The 10 minute movie took about an hour and a half to encode on a p4 2.8 with 1 gig of memory. [Nerd Guy] OK enough geek talk. Please keep techbnical questions to 'the production box' forum.

Glad you liked it. Check out the others and spread the word and be sure to listen and call in tommorow as Keith 'the goat' Forman will be here as well as some of the cast and crew of 'Arts Point of View'

- Blackout - [Hippy Chic]

--------------------

The Sheriff
Box Newbie
Member # 1182

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted      Profile for The Sheriff   Author's Homepage   Email The Sheriff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now ya done and gone left pure evidence of the thief ya are! This here's no film, it's evidence ta jail yas with. Now it appears yer messin with some voodoo hocus pocus black magic as well. Both crimes are punishable by a lynching.

--------------------
There's a new Sheriff in town, and he enforces Blackout's Law.

Posts: 15 | From: On my horse | Registered: May 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Blackout
Member # 7

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Blackout   Author's Homepage   Email Blackout   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And so it BEGINS:

Or is it ending?

http://DestinyOrigin.com

--------------------

Baccus93
Box Newbie
Member # 4962

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baccus93   Author's Homepage   Email Baccus93   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm told there's an art thief in this place. That's not very nice.
Posts: 3 | From: At various lengths near or in the Abyss | Registered: Jun 2009  | Report this post to a Moderator
Blackout
Member # 7

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackout   Author's Homepage   Email Blackout   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who are you newb?

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Old site - pranks & things

Blackout aka Michael Biggins - Blackout.com , the artist known as Blackout, Blackout's Box, Blackout.com, Blurpinkle, Blackout's Box Studios, Blackout's Box Entertainment, Blurpinkle, Hathouse Films & TheTricksters.org (C)1995-2015