Blackout Bulletin Boards on BLACKOUT.COM

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Blackout Bulletin Boards on BLACKOUT.COM   » General   » Box O' Links   » Extinct-Attractions-Club.Com | David Oneal | June 20, 2006

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Extinct-Attractions-Club.Com | David Oneal | June 20, 2006
bunny_foofoo
Keeper of the great CORN
Member # 1227

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunny_foofoo   Email bunny_foofoo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey boardies! I am posting the guests we had scheduled for last attempted show and who will be on our next actual LIVE show.

David Oneal
Extinct-Attractions-Club.com

Bunny's Introduction:
When "Horizons" was removed from EPCOT (when I was interning there no less--so I had to see the whole this get torn down!!) I asked cast members at EPCOT, whom I worked with, to keep an eye out for scraps for the ride. And one of them told me about this site, Extinct-attractions-Club.com.

I was impressed that someone would take the initiative to attempt to preserve the history of the parks (the original people who worked on the parks are passing away quickly). Then I found out that the money was getting redistributed to the poor?!?

When I started doing production management for Blackout, I think the hardships that he has faced and the obsessive love he has for theme parks and rollercoasters would mesh well with the vision of David Oneal.

So, David took the time to speak with me and agreed to do an interview with us and to give us some promotional DVDs to give out to the listeners.

So, sit tight and wait for his exciting interview coming up on our next show. Until then, visit his site, and read through his bio below. If you get anything from his site, do us a favor and let him know you heard about us through Blackout.com.

[Hippy Chic] Bunny

quote:
In 1985, my heart was broken when my favorite attraction "Adventure Thru Inner Space" was closed. I was only 14 and was in the middle of a painful childhood, (moving around a lot and being abused). My happy times were when I would visit Disneyland, I waited and waited to go there, and Inner Space was my favorite ride, straight out of the 60s (a time period that I watched on reruns of Gilligan's Island and The Munsters).

A time period when I thought everyone was happy, not like my family. I was so sad that I would never be able to experience my favorite ride again. I felt like my happiness (what there was of it) would never return.

In 1986 my family and I were kicked out of the run-down house we renting, since my step dad ran out on us. I was near suicide. (This never happened on TV)

My mother moved my brother and me to the Frontier Motel in back of Disneyland, a friend of hers bought us two annual passes to Disneyland, and for 2 years, 1986- 1987, we went to Disneyland everyday! No school, just Disneyland. I managed to rent a video camera, and I filmed everything I could of Disneyland and surrounding Anaheim. We would hope to win popcorn and juice bars from the 1986 "Everyone wins everyday" promotion from Disneyland, since we had very little foodand no money. I watched the happy families wander through Disneyland every day of the summer. Even the people who played the characters would recognize my little brother and give him special treatment since we were there every day.

We then moved to the Jack and Jill motel right in back of where the parade building was in the back area of Disneyland. (Now the Budget Inn) I could hear the snowman growl through the busted hotel window.This was April 1987, Circus Fantasy was going on at Disneyland and we were getting worse off. We shared a single can of corned beef hash every other day, and went hungry the rest of the time. One day my 7 year old brother and I came back to the hotel from our day at Disneyland and our mother never did. She had left us. My brother's dad came and got him and left me. I was put into foster homes, and taken from Disneyland....My happy place.

I came back as much as I could, taking busses and even riding my bike from Long Beach to Anaheim. I was in foster homes for several years afterwards, and was lucky to work at Magic Moutain, and was the monorail guide for their small monorial. I also worked on Gold Rush, Nija, and Jet Stream.

Then when you turn 18, they throw you out, of foster homes and you fend for your self! So I turned 18 and got a job at my home, I worked at Disneyland from 1989-1992 sweeping trash, cleaning vomit and bathrooms for $3.75 an hour.

-  -
Afternoon Avenue 1991 and Dave is on janitor Duty! Looking for vomit!

I lived with my girlfriend Heidi and we got to be on the cover of the 1990 DISNEYLAND guide book! Even though we are a just a tiny spec on the castle, its cool! I was in High school, living in a rented room in Anaheim and learning to be in video and film production. That paid off and I became a video editor. I also owned a limousine company and would often have my driver take me to Disneyland for a few hours to look at the people I used to work with, they are still cleaning vomit. These are the same guys that would tell me to give up my dreams!

Life was better..But I still missed Inner Space. I still wanted to go on it again. I went to the Yesterland website in 1997. I was amazed! All the old stuff was there on the Internet. I thought, "With all this, there must be a way to reach people with video or film footage of this stuff." I tried and tried and finally got through to people. Hundreds of people sent video and film, and within no time I wrote a script and the video was off and running.

-
David Oneal, Kristin Taylor, and Disney Legend Bob Gurr.

Now we have 65 DVD videos on Disneyland, Disney World, Epcot, the 64 Worlds fair, and Knott's Berry Farm now available for you. We are always working on more (and always looking for suggestions, film, sounds, and people to interview).

Now a days, the events that take place to produce new Extinct-Attractions-Club.com DVDs are, to me, mind boggling. One day we are with Bob Gurr (the man who made the Monorail, Autopia, and Peoplmover) and the next day we are drinking martinis at X Atencio's house and talk about how he wrote the scripts for Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Inner Space. We just spent a sunday at ,Alice Davis's home watching with America Sings with her, she was so nice and so happy with what we did. Then we went flying up to Oregon to see the voice of Gumby and the voice of Big Thunder Mountain. Some of my favorite Extinct-Attractions-Club.com moments include talking to Thurl Ravenscroft (The grinch, Tony the tiger, etc.) and having Rolly Crump call us up on the phone and thanking us for the work on The Land DVD (which was followed be phone calls from people who made all The Land rides thanking me for preserving their history!!).

Gee Whiz, someone please pinch me!! It's grown out of control!! I could not be more happy if I tried, this is like a dream!

-
Bonnie is the clubs social worker and assists the club in many charitable events.
She seeks out families in need while allowing the club to help others.

We have so many people helping and the DVDs just get better and better! I could never imagined this 8 years ago when I started my Inner Space film hunt!

Why do we do this? Because we care about Disneyland's past, we knowhow much it means to you. It's not just the rides or shows you miss, it's how they made you feel, and the fact that those feelings and memories come back when you see and hear the attractions on these DVDs. No one else is making historical DVD's like this, so we had to. We know that together we can preserve the past through videos and DVDs and we can allow you to re-live the moments and memories of these past attractions, and share them with those you love. And the best part is that your membership fees help the people who live in hotels around Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm. These people are not drug addicts, they are just having a hard time and they need our help. Please help us to help them, there is no other charity group helping families in hotels around Disneyland, so we might as well.

Thanks for reading.

[Cool] Dave Oneal
Oldthemeparks@aol.com
949-533-2684

--------------------
I rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a drive with Ted Kennedy.

Posts: 1086 | From: South FL | Registered: Jul 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
DeadcowX
Artist, Blackout's Box Studios Intern & DONATOR $100!
Member # 788

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeadcowX   Author's Homepage   Email DeadcowX   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Disney has been on it's downward spiral to hell in the past 20 years or so, all good things come to an end unfortunately.
Posts: 394 | From: Tulsa, Ok | Registered: Dec 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Blackout
Actor Singer Writer Director Visionary Philosopher Magickian Skydiver Digital Hippie and all around Creative Artist
Member # 7

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackout   Author's Homepage   Email Blackout   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BLACKOUT'S UNIVERSE

OPENING SOMETIME AFTER 2012

More than a theme park, or (fill in the blank world)... more than even an island where one can adventure and beyond the universal - Blackout's Universe is where universes are made.

Inbewteen the big band and the big crunch - exists

Blackout's Universe

The most interactive spectaculisticolorfundulating amazement one could evr hope to behold.

--------------------
You are not your job, your titles, your possessions, your degrees, your lovers, your relationships, your place of residence, your social security number, your ID, your bills, your worries, your bank account, your age or your body. You are the timeless being that created & perceives itself through those things, and you have the power to play or not play that game. When someone asks me "what do you do?" looking for some title to pin me down, I laugh and say "EVERYTHING!" - Blackout

Posts: 7665 | From: New York City | Registered: Jul 2000  | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Old site - pranks & things

Blackout aka Michael Biggins - Blackout.com , the artist known as Blackout, Blackout's Box, Blackout.com, Blurpinkle, Blackout's Box Studios, Blackout's Box Entertainment, Blurpinkle, Hathouse Films & TheTricksters.org (C)1995-2015