Blackout Bulletin Boards on BLACKOUT.COM

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Blackout Bulletin Boards on BLACKOUT.COM   » On the Creative Side   » The Writer's Box   » Favourite Words

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Favourite Words
Sobk13
Queen & Mysterious Crocodile Lawyer
Member # 4872

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sobk13   Author's Homepage   Email Sobk13   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love words a lot; maybe what I love about them is that you can create feeling with them, with a little luck and some cheeky casting.

Favourite Word: alligator.

Do you have a favourite word?

[Hippy Chic]

Posts: 283 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2009  | Report this post to a Moderator
Yvette38
Blackout's Box Genius
Member # 4879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yvette38   Author's Homepage   Email Yvette38   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess love is mine, it can mean so many things. [Love ]

--------------------
Sometimes you've got to specifically go out of your way to get into trouble. It's called fun. (Robin Williams).

Posts: 300 | From: Neverland | Registered: Apr 2009  | Report this post to a Moderator
Superstar
Blackout's Current Favorite Hiney - A ass so glorious like the sun it is shiney!
Member # 4870

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superstar   Author's Homepage   Email Superstar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flabbergasted.

--------------------
.:*:. Talk Nerdy to me .:*:.

Posts: 94 | From: So Cal | Registered: Apr 2009  | Report this post to a Moderator
Cottonjaws
Blackout's Box Genius
Member # 1253

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cottonjaws   Email Cottonjaws   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fiasco

--------------------
I want to know a little bit about everything and a lot about nothing....

Posts: 302 | From: Brisbane, Australia | Registered: Aug 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Blackout
Actor Singer Writer Director Visionary Philosopher Magickian Skydiver Digital Hippie and all around Creative Artist
Member # 7

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackout   Author's Homepage   Email Blackout   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed
Spectacle
Spectacular
Magnificent
Wondrous

Lallygagging

Cornucopia

Phenomenal

--------------------
You are not your job, your titles, your possessions, your degrees, your lovers, your relationships, your place of residence, your social security number, your ID, your bills, your worries, your bank account, your age or your body. You are the timeless being that created & perceives itself through those things, and you have the power to play or not play that game. When someone asks me "what do you do?" looking for some title to pin me down, I laugh and say "EVERYTHING!" - Blackout

Posts: 7616 | From: New York City | Registered: Jul 2000  | Report this post to a Moderator
Sobk13
Member # 4872

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sobk13   Author's Homepage   Email Sobk13   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@ Yvette
Love is love is love.....I find that it's a very soft word but has a fragile yet resolute quality to it.

@ Superstar
This is a fun word and oddly enough one that I always think of as being very English!

@ Cottonjaws
I really like this word; it's got a sound all of its own that gives you a good feel for fiasco [Party On ]

@ Mr Magic Hat
Indeed is a favourite word of mine which I tend to use, probably too much. But it's one of those satisfying words; I feel like I've pondered the universe's secrets when I use it.

Lallygag - makes me uneasy.

Other favourite words for Sobuki:

Leviathan
Nautical
Body
Tickle

[Hippy Chic]

Posts: 283 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2009  | Report this post to a Moderator
Yvette38
Blackout's Box Genius
Member # 4879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yvette38   Author's Homepage   Email Yvette38   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love leviathan and tickle. Leviathan was that lovely creature/ship on Farscape, strange and sexy sci-fi show, also had a beautiful blue girl on it.

I also like
shimmer
sparkle

--------------------
Sometimes you've got to specifically go out of your way to get into trouble. It's called fun. (Robin Williams).

Posts: 300 | From: Neverland | Registered: Apr 2009  | Report this post to a Moderator
Sobk13
Member # 4872

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Yvette38:
I love leviathan and tickle. Leviathan was that lovely creature/ship on Farscape, strange and sexy sci-fi show, also had a beautiful blue girl on it.

I also like
shimmer
sparkle

I don't think I ever saw that show; Leviathan is one of those words that makes people react differently; some think of it as a negative word to do with mankind's evil nature and others see it as a sea-related word! I love this cheeky little number, precisely because it causes extreme reactions.

[Evil ]

Shimmer and sparkle are cute words: they remind me of fairies.

[Hippy Chic]

Reine
Super Box Member!
Member # 4939

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reine   Author's Homepage   Email Reine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Imagination
Surreal
Lush
Crapola
Poo
Fantastablastic
Vibration

--------------------
everything you really need to know; can be found in a protractor!

Posts: 117 | From: NY | Registered: May 2009  | Report this post to a Moderator
Sobk13
Member # 4872

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Reine:
Imagination
Surreal
Lush
Crapola
Poo
Fantastablastic
Vibration

Poo made me laugh [Hippy Chic]

Vibration just feels naughty [Quan]

Sobk13
Member # 4872

Member Rated:
Cerebral.

I use it all the time. Unconsciously.

disco.sleeze
Super Box Member!
Member # 4909

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for disco.sleeze   Author's Homepage   Email disco.sleeze   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Onomotopeia
Discombobulate

And...shit. Haha.

--------------------
 -
"Each life makes its own imitation of immortality." - Stephen King

Posts: 105 | From: Chicago, Illinois | Registered: Apr 2009  | Report this post to a Moderator
Sobk13
Member # 4872

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by disco.sleeze:
Onomotopeia
Discombobulate

And...shit. Haha.

What is it with everyone and the word poo in its various guises?!

Your first word brings back memories of English classes at school [Smile] It also sounds like "On a mat a pee".

I think a lot of people have like a bowel release deal-thing going on in this thread.....you could say there's a trend towards potty language....

[Roll Eyes]

Discombobulate's a cute word. Good anarchic feel to it.

Sobuki's word of the day:
Temple

2010thespian
Box Newbie
Member # 4952

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for 2010thespian   Email 2010thespian   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
deliquesence
serendipity [Razz]

--------------------
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.- Dr.Suess

Posts: 1 | From: my little corner of the world | Registered: May 2009  | Report this post to a Moderator
Sobk13
Member # 4872

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by 2010thespian:
deliquesence
serendipity [Razz]

Aaah, Serendipity, that's a lovely word.

[Hippy Chic]

Reine
Super Box Member!
Member # 4939

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reine   Author's Homepage   Email Reine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Synesthesia
Inertia
Samsara
Euphoria

No, I am fine with the bowel release thing [Smile]

--------------------
everything you really need to know; can be found in a protractor!

Posts: 117 | From: NY | Registered: May 2009  | Report this post to a Moderator
Sobk13
Member # 4872

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Reine:
Synesthesia
Inertia
Samsara
Euphoria

No, I am fine with the bowel release thing [Smile]

Glad to hear it [Smile]

Samsara is super sleek; reminds me of snakes and the desert and makes me want to say ssssssssssss a lot. And there's the perfume by Guerlain. Okay, now I want to walk in the desert, scantily clad in a flowy beige dress with a boa constrictor draped around my shoulders.

I think I need a nap.

Yvette38
Blackout's Box Genius
Member # 4879

Our art group's theme for the next exhibit is using words visually. You all have created such great feelings through these words I am very excited to create them visually. Thank you all once again, you all are so inspiring. Although I do have to leave out vibration, I don't think they would understand/appreciate a clay dildo! [Razz]

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Old site - pranks & things

Blackout.com , the artist known as Blackout, Blackout's Box, Blackout.com, Blurpinkle, Blackout's Box Studios, Blackout's Box Entertainment, Blurpinkle, Hathouse Films & TheTricksters.org (C)1995-20010 Michael Richard Bigansky (AKA: Blackout & Michael Biggins, Blackout) & Blackout's Box Studios INC.