Blackout Bulletin Boards on BLACKOUT.COM

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Blackout Bulletin Boards on BLACKOUT.COM   » General   » Picture Box   » Captain Crunch Villians

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Captain Crunch Villians
bunny_foofoo
Keeper of the great CORN
Member # 1227

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunny_foofoo   Email bunny_foofoo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Does anyone remember the name of teh villians that Captain Crunch used to battle? All in the name of his awesome crunchy cereal's goodness?

Come on...bunny brownie points to anyone who remembers...

[Laugh]

--------------------
I rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, then go for a drive with Ted Kennedy.

Posts: 1085 | From: South FL | Registered: Jul 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
bunny_foofoo
Keeper of the great CORN
Member # 1227

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunny_foofoo   Email bunny_foofoo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok. I have a little treat for all of you, in teh spirit of Captain Crunch.

This song is called "The Breakfast Song" and talks about how Captain Crunch is waving farewell to you as you sink to the pits of hell.

You and I know that Captain Crunch, defender of the crunch in our morning breakfast bowls, would NEVER mock us in our decent to hell. I mean, things are crunchier there...all the fire makes them toastier...but he would still save you. There is a such thing as TOO crunchy. He is Captain Crunch, cereal GOD.

So, I have gotten this clip. You get the ADDED bonus of learning this is a Christain rock band (the are called "NewsBoys") from New Zealnd. So youa re witnessing a LIVE Christian rock concert. Note the fan waving some 2 year old in the air like they are about to launch the kid on stage. I have posted lyrics below so you can sing along.

Newsboys: "The Breakfast Song" LIVE!

Everyone can thank me later.

-

quote:
Hold the milk, put back the sugar
They are powerless to console
We’ve gathered here to sprinkle ashes
From our late friend’s cereal bowl.

Breakfast Clubbers, say the motto
That he taught us to repeat:
“You will lose it in your gym class
if you wait til noon to eat”.

Back when the Chess Club, said our eggs were soft
Every Monday he’d say grace and hold our juice aloft
Oh, none of us knew his checkout time would come so soon
But before his brain stopped waving, he composed this tune:

WHEN THE TOAST IS BURNED AND ALL THE MILK
HAS TURNED AND CAPTAIN CRUNCH IS WAVING FAREWELL...
WHEN THE BIG ONE FINDS YOU MAY THIS SONG REMIND YOU THAT THEY DON’T SERVE BREAFAST IN HELL

Breakfast clubbers, drop the hankies
Though to some our friend was odd
that day he bought those pine pyjamas
His check was good with God

Those here without the lord,
How do you cope?
For this morning we don’t mourn
Like those who have no hope

Oh rise up, Fruit Loop lovers
Sing out sweet and low
With spoons held high
We bid our brother “Cheerio!"

WHEN THE TOAST IS BURNED AND ALL THE MILK
HAS TURNED AND CAPTAIN CRUNCH IS WAVING FAREWELL...
WHEN THE BIG ONE FINDS YOU MAY THIS SONG REMIND YOU THAT THEY DON’T SERVE BREAFAST IN HELL

(repeat til fade)

--------------------

Posts: 1085 | From: South FL | Registered: Jul 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris -Kracka C-
Keeper of the great CORN
Member # 775

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris -Kracka C-   Email Chris -Kracka C-   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now I remember why I don't listen to Christian music (aside from not being Christian, of course.) Those lyrics are supremely horrid.
[Razz]
But thanks for the find anyway, I got a good chuckle out of it, all the same. More AT the band than WITH the band...but hey, whatever works, right?
[Wink]

And as for the villians in the toon.....I've got nothin'. I'm far too young to remember, I bet.

--------------------
"It gives you different perspectives to think about things." - Blackout

Posts: 1185 | From: Houston, Tx | Registered: Dec 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
bunny_foofoo
Keeper of the great CORN
Member # 1227

Member Rated:
Thanks, now I feel old

--------------------

bunny_foofoo
Keeper of the great CORN
Member # 1227

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Chris -Kracka C-:
Now I remember why I don't listen to Christian music (aside from not being Christian, of course.) Those lyrics are supremely horrid.

The sad thing is, they are touring and have a shit load of fans. they make a LIVING off their music. maybe you shoudl just write really shitty and join a Christian rock band.

Sell out to God bitch.

--------------------

Shostie
Blackout's Box Illuminati and Dreaderator: Vinlar the Dreadful Only available to those with over 3000 posts
Member # 112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shostie   Email Shostie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahem, I believe he prefers to be called "Cap'n." [Razz]

--------------------
Maestra is indeed a sexy geek.

"Primitive humans make tools; computer-designed, high-tech hand tools." -program description from The History Channel's Modern Marvels

"I wish God were alive to see this." -Homer Simpson

"And my stage directions make no sense. How is it possible for me to wear clown make up AND be sober all at once?" -Davan MacIntire

Posts: 3653 | From: Houston, TX | Registered: Jul 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Maestra
One sexy geek!
Member # 370

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maestra   Author's Homepage   Email Maestra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bunny, you're slightly younger than I am, and I can't remember the villans names. I didn't even remember that there were villans. I do however remember the Cookie Crook.  -

You know. Before they added that stupid dog.

--------------------
You never know what's going to happen when you give a robot a machine gun.

Posts: 1786 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: Feb 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
bunny_foofoo
Keeper of the great CORN
Member # 1227

Member Rated:
Nobody remembers "The Soggies?" They looked like liquid people or milk people.

Ws I teh only one obsessed with cereal? Also, Sugar Bear Was always a mean fuck in my eyes. And why did the kids torture Trix rabbit and Lucky?

Oh, does anyone remember what the original Luck Charms marshmallows were?

Cereal trivia.

--------------------

The Goat
Zorlackian Minister and Blackout's Box Donator! $34.99
Member # 1257

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Goat   Author's Homepage   Email The Goat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember the Soggies.

--------------------
==================================
GOATS WISE WORDS OF THE WEEK!
==================================

"Happiness is a butterfly, which, when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you." -Nathaniel Hawthorne

Posts: 109 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Sep 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Maestra
One sexy geek!
Member # 370

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maestra   Author's Homepage   Email Maestra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now I remember the Soggies. Barely, but I do remember them. And I believe the original marshmellows were: pink hearts, green clovers, blue diamonds, yellow stars and orange moons. I vaguely remember the commercial that introduced the purple horseshoes in the early 80's. All I remember is Lucky riding a purple horse.

--------------------
You never know what's going to happen when you give a robot a machine gun.

Posts: 1786 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: Feb 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
bunny_foofoo
Keeper of the great CORN
Member # 1227

Member Rated:
Yellow moons and orange stars. My dad told me they did not used to have blue diamonds either, that they added those on the 70's.

I think the marshmallow bits are bigger now than they used to be. they have this new piece that changes color in milk and that one kind of creeps me out. Like it may have like radioactive sugar...

My fav marshmallow cereal is Count Chocula though. I like Boo Berry and Frankenberry too. But i can only find them at Walmart anymore...one of my only reasons to slink into Wally's World.

--------------------

bunny_foofoo
Keeper of the great CORN
Member # 1227

Member Rated:
OK, here is another one.

What discontinued cereal occassionaly shows up in the occasional Quentin Tarantino movie?

--------------------

X-Dog -ZER0
Official Blackout's Box Member
Member # 472

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for X-Dog -ZER0   Email X-Dog -ZER0   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't it Quisp with that dude whose head had a propeller on it
Posts: 74 | From: lafayette | Registered: Jul 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
bunny_foofoo
Keeper of the great CORN
Member # 1227

Member Rated:
The answer is:
Fruit Brute

He was replaced by Yummy mummy, but I dont think they even make Yummy Mummy anymore.

DannySpace
Semi-Genius Member
Member # 1261

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DannySpace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let us not forget Crunch's most notorious competition in the kiddie cereal line:

-

--------------------
-Remember, no matter where you go, there you are. [Wink]

Posts: 238 | From: Tx. | Registered: Sep 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Old site - pranks & things

Blackout.com , the artist known as Blackout, Blackout's Box, Blackout.com, Blurpinkle, Blackout's Box Studios, Blackout's Box Entertainment, Blurpinkle, Hathouse Films & TheTricksters.org (C)1995-20010 Michael Richard Bigansky (AKA: Blackout & Michael Biggins, Blackout) & Blackout's Box Studios INC.